Emmaus Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Lucky Randomized Ping Pong Ball Lunch Ride Challenge 2016
by BikeBeth Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:55 am

» Missing 411
by palmjar Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:09 pm

» Daily Rides and Routes
by BikeBeth Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:31 pm

» About the ride
by BikeBeth Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:44 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Sunday Hunting

Go down

Sunday Hunting Empty Sunday Hunting

Post  kworth Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:45 am

Disclaimer- I am not anti-hunting, but I do think its important to retain at least one day per week to enjoy being in the woods without fear of being shot during the various hunting seasons around here.
As posted from MTBR-
"I know that this topic has come up here several times in the past, but if you'd like to provide some feedback on the topic, follow this link:
http://www.pahouse.com/staback/Sunday-Hunting.asp
There are currently three bills in committee trying to change the rules about hunting on Sunday. Rep Stabeck is now the chair of the Game and Fisheries Committee and he has made it a priority to allow hunting on Sundays. The bill he is currently championing would transfer the authority to allow hunting on Sundays from the legislature to the PGC. The PGC as most of us are painfully aware is not an elected body that is answerable to public input but rather an appointed group that is not subject to legislative oversight.
The link above allows you to provide comments directly to Rep Stabeck as to how you feel about Sunday hunting and the PGC. Please be respectful in your comments, but try to encourage others to respond. Realize that a change to the PGC having decision making power over Sunday hunting could potentially lead to no hunting-free days in Pennsylvania from the end of September until mid-May. This is not just an issue effecting Deer season, but rather could be the end run around any public input for future changes.
As an aside, if you think I am a wack job for posting this, you can follow the link as well and submit your pro-sunday hunting comments. Thats the beautiful part of the public input process. Too bad this bill is trying to remove that.
Frank Maguire
IMBA Central PA Rep"

kworth

Back to top Go down